Tribler works like a normal torrent client. It can use trackers (servers that organize traffic on the BitTorrent network) or connect with client users, allowing exchanges through private channels.
The program allows you to add favorite users and view torrent files shared by them. In addition, Tribler has a built-in search engine that eliminates the need for torrent indexing sites.
Tribler can also stream video from the web through the built-in VLC player.
After installing the client, it’s worth taking a moment to learn how to search for data. We can use a typical search engine by entering any phrase or use the application’s hints, which display the most popular queries of users of the Tribler client.
1. Download Tribler from our Download section.
2. In the field (1), enter any phrase or use the so-called noise in the network (2) – words searched by other Tribler users.
When you click on one of them, the results will be displayed.
3. It is worth noting the popularity of available torrents. The more popular the torrent file, the more seeds and peers it has. If we click on the + icon, we will get detailed information about the torrent.
To start the Download, just click on Download.
4. We can track the download progress. For this, just go to the Library option.
We use channels
In the Tribler application, we can use channels. They contain the most popular categories used by Tribler users. It is worth noting that in addition to the thematic division, the displayed items also include torrents provided by popular indexing sites.
1. In the application’s main window, go to the Channels option. Then, using the options on the right, we can sort the channels, for example, by popularity.
Click on Popular, and the most popular channels used by the client’s users will be displayed. Then, we click on one of them, for example, legal torrents.
2. The full content of the feed will be displayed. Just click on Download next to the file to start downloading.
Read also: Firefox/Chrome/IE: set private mode by default
Using the client, we can decide whether to download the video material or play it in the Tribler window. The application uses the built-in VLC player.
1. In the program’s main window, go to the Channels option and search for the video you are interested in. Next to the torrent file from the movie, click on the + icon. In the detailed information, we select the Play option.
2. After a while, the program will connect with users sharing the video file, and after buffering the material, it will play it in the window.